Our group work with campsites to help ensure that accommodation for the public attending events at Silverstone circuit comply with safety, public health, licensing and other legal standards.
The Group meet regularly throughout the year to plan inspections, share intelligence and good practice, prioritise work and carry out checks during the events. We work with the campsite operators to update on new legislation and communicate with the campsite operators.
In 2013 South Northamptonshire Council received funding on behalf of the group from the Business Innovation and Skills Regulatory Innovation for Growth to set up a rating scheme which aims to:
- Provide a unique and innovative reference point for campsite customers.
- Encourage customers to drive standards, by making informed choices when selecting campsites and encouraging improvement through self regulation.
- Elevate the profile of campsites, and recognise compliant campsites thus attracting customers, encouraging business growth and supporting the local economy.
- Encourage businesses who have difficulty complying so that overall standards improve, either by regulator support or through customer choice.
- Assure the public and regulators that campsites provide safe and healthy facilities.
- Reduce regulatory costs and improve efficiency with partners sharing intelligence, working together and acting as eyes and ears for priority issues.